First let me show you simple yet powerful interface of Grabilla.
- Zoomed overview of area around mouse pointer. It`s needed for accurate selection of screen.
- Full desktop capture button. Press it to take a screenshot of your entire screen. You can click it with Alt button on keyboard to open screenshot locally.
- Active window capture button. It captures your active application screen. You can click it with Alt button on keyboard to open screenshot locally.
- Settings. It will open configuration screen.
- Help and feedback button.
- Video mode. Check the checkbox to record a video after selection. You can select an area of screen or entire screen to record.
Usage of Grabilla is pretty simple.
- Launch it. You will see an interface like on picture above.
- Select area to capture. Press left mouse button, drag to select an area and release button.
- Your default browser will open with a screenshot uploaded to our server.
Here’s an example of taken screenshot:
Now let me share some usage tips.
How to pin a shortcut to taskbar in Windows 7.
Just locate shortcut of Grabilla in Start menu and drag it to taskbar.
Here`s very short video of doing this:
Add a Keyboard Shortcut Key
You can add a Keyboard Shortcut Key to Grabilla to launch it from keyboard.
- Find a shortcut in your Windows 7 Start menu. You may need to click on All Programs at bottom.
- Press right mouse button on shortcut and select Properties. Usually bottom item in drop-down menu.
- Click on a field named Shortcut Key and press G on keyboard (do not press Alt or Ctrl). Of course you can choose any other key that you find more suitable. You should see something like on picture.
- Press OK to close the window and apply settings.
Now you can launch Grabilla by simply pressing Alt+Ctrl+G on your keyboard. Of course if you choose another key on step 3 you had to press this key (with Alt and Ctrl) instead of G.